Tuesday, October 1, 2013

A Difficult Conversation

The scene opens with Jimmy talking to his girlfriend, Sue. Sue does in fact look fat in her dress, but Jimmy cannot bring himself to tell her so... right away, at least. (The characters and events of this conversation are completely fictional and not based on real people and/or events.)
Jimmy: "Hey, Sue are you going to be ready to leave anytime soon? We were supposed to leave 20 minutes ago..."
Sue: (Shouts from in the bathroom) "Hold on Jimmy, I'm almost ready! I"ll be out in a minute!"
Jimmy: "Okay, if you say so!"
Sue: (Emerges from the bathroom wearing a red dress) "How do I look?"
Jimmy: "Oh, umm you look so umm stunning, Sue!"
Sue: "What's a matter? Wait, I totally look fat in this dress, don't I?"
Jimmy: "No! You look lovely!"
Sue: "Jimmy! Don't you lie to me! Tell me the truth! Does this dress make me look fat?"
Jimmy: "Fine... that dress totally makes you look fat. Wait, hold on ill speak your language." (Jimmy starts mooing at Sue)
Sue: (Backhands Jimmy) "I can't believe you! I've done so much for you! Just today I've ironed your socks, called Dominos for you because you are too awkward to use a phone and I even told your mother that you were not home when she came to the door."
Jimmy: I'm sorry, Sue, but this house is becoming Sea World. What i mean by that is you're a whale now. And you get the entire bathroom wet when you wash your shoulders."
Sue: " #&@^! How could you!!!!" (Storms out crying)

3 comments:

  1. that's hysterical. thank you for the chuckle :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. First off: That was hilarious, why can't you be this funny in class?
    I liked the comedy for sure. I did not really like how easily he gave in, and do not think that that is too realistic. One thing that I think you could do to make the conversation better would be to let it go back and forth slightly longer before he calls her fat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Clearly, if Jimmy really likes Sue, then he would tell her the truth easily. Also, I'm hilarious in class, you should pay attention more.

      Delete